As a leading youth services organization, we recognize that our excellence is largely achieved through talented and motivated staff. Our employees—whether they are full, part-time or seasonal—are integral to the success of the respective programs and the organization as a whole. Our staff are educators, coaches, performers, artists, mentors, community leaders, and ambassadors. As an organization, we are fortunate to enjoy the collegiality and expertise of a highly skilled, diverse and dedicated staff, and seek to recruit and hire only those individuals that will approximate these qualities and enhance the opportunities available to our members.
BENEFITS & WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- Health, dental and vision insurance for the employee and their eligible family members
- Short and long-term disability insurance and term-life and AD&D insurance for the employee.
- Medical and dependent-care FSA accounts for the employee and their eligible family members.
- Employee assistance program for the employee and their eligible family members.
- Legal and identity theft services for the employee and their eligible family members.
- 401(k) retirement plan with a dollar-for-dollar match up to 6%, with an additional 3% safe harbor match for a total of a 9% institutional contribution.
- Generous paid time off policy with eight paid holidays and two weeks paid time off in the first year. Up to six weeks of paid time off after 10 years of service.
- Professional development opportunities such as local, state and national conventions and ongoing training. Free educational classes, like MoneyWise financial literacy, offered to employees.
- Periodic job-related perks like attending professional sporting events, movies and outdoor activities.
- A strong desire to work with youth in an open and supportive environment. Importantly, Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Denver offers members the option of attending as their schedules and interests dictate. As a result, Club staff should be prepared to provide programs and activities that are both pertinent and engaging. Prospective employees should understand that members’ attendance is not compulsory, but rather a result of strong programmatic instruction and the meaningful relationships built between the Club staff and members.
- Expertise in a core program area arising from formal training or experience. Typically Club staff have a combination of a formal college education, several years of volunteer or work experience, as well as other unique characteristics that make them especially well prepared to plan, implement and evaluate the various programs and initiatives.
- A demonstrable record of civic-mindedness, professionalism and integrity. That is, we take our responsibilities towards the care and protection of its members very seriously. All employees must submit to pre-employment and ongoing criminal background investigations, driving records checks and drug tests.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Denver has a specific process by which we recruit, select and hire qualified candidates. We ask that all applicants familiarize themselves with this process prior to submitting their application. Failure to follow the established guidelines may result in an application being discarded.
All open positions will be listed on this section website. Though we regularly advertise openings on third-party websites, we are unable to ensure the integrity or timeliness of the postings given the intermediary nature of some of the job boards and career websites. As such, please refer to the bottom of this page to confirm any openings.
If there is an opening for which you would like to be considered, please review the minimum qualifications. These criteria are established as the basic credentials that must be possessed to be considered for the job. Meeting the minimum qualifications only guarantees that a candidate’s application will be reviewed; it does not assure an interview. If you meet the qualifications and would like to be considered for the position, please follow the instructions, which customarily includes a cover letter, resume and professional references. Occasionally some positions may require additional documents or information.
As a matter of convenience, we ask that all information be submitted electronically. In the event that a candidate is unable to send their documents electronically, separate arrangement can be made by contacting Human Resources directly. Following a position being advertised and a qualified pool of applications established, we will schedule interviews with the best qualified candidates.
Given the sizable number of applications we receive, regrettably we are unable to provide each applicant with status updates. Those candidates that are interviewed will be contacted about the hiring decision, but applicants that were not chosen for interviews will not receive any notification.
All applications received during the recruitment process will be retained for one year. Each position for which a candidate would like to be considered will necessitate a separate application. Applicants may request that their information be removed from our files or reused in consideration of other positions. Unsolicited applications will be accepted if they specify the desired position and status sought (e.g., Part-Time Technology Staff). Generic, unsolicited, applications will be discarded.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
- Nutrition Specialist – Multiple Locations
- Reading Specialist – Vickers Boys & Girls Club
- Reading Specialist – Cope Boys & Girls Club
- Health Specialist – Force Boys & Girls Club
- Club Access Specialist – Vickers Boys & Girls Club
- Youth Development Specialist – Cole Boys & Girls Club
- Youth Development Specialist – Aurora Public Schools (4 Locations)
- Youth Development Specialist – Green Valley Ranch Boys & Girls Club
- Youth Development Specialist – Before School Care – Green Valley Ranch Boys & Girls Club
Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Denver is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by law.