Colorado Child Care Contribution Credit
When you make a donation to Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Denver, you can reduce your taxes through the Colorado Child Care Contribution Credit. Cash donations to Boys & Girls Clubs qualify for the Colorado Child Care Contribution Credit, which decreases the after-tax cost of gifts by more than 50%.
How it works
Half of your donation will be offset by a dollar-for-dollar credit against your Colorado income taxes. You will still be able to claim your full contribution as a charitable deduction on your federal and state income tax returns if you itemize deductions.
- The maximum credit you may take in any one year is $100,000 or your actual Colorado income tax liability for the year, whichever is less.
- Any unused credit may be carried forward for up to five additional tax years.
- Only monetary donations are eligible. Stock or other securities and in-kind gifts, such as labor or equipment, are not eligible but may qualify for other tax benefits.
- In the case of donations associated with events, only the deductible portion of your payment, reduced by the value of goods and services received, is eligible. You will be advised of the net amount eligible for the credit.
- Both individuals and corporations can take advantage of the credit.’
Other Ways to Give
DONATE BY PHONE
To make a donation by phone, call our main office and someone will assist you 303-892-9200
DONATE BY MAIL
Download a donation form and mail your form and donation to: Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Denver, 2017 W. 9th Avenue, Denver, CO 80204.
BECOME A MONTHLY DONOR
It’s easy, convenient and supports our Club members all year-round. You can designate your monthly gift in any amount you choose.
CHILD CARE CONTRIBUTION
Your cash donations to Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Denver may qualify for the Colorado Child Care Contribution Credit, and you may be able to decrease the after-tax cost of your gifts by more than 50%.
Donating your unwanted vehicle is a simple way to make a tax-deductible contribution. Through Vehicles for Charity, Boys & Girls Clubs accepts most auto donations.
Leave a legacy with a gift that will have an impact on children for generations to come by making a planned gift or leaving a bequest to Boys & Girls Clubs.
Each holiday season, we team up with CBS4 and King Soopers to make the holidays special for our Club members. See how you can help.
Upon request, Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Denver will provide a signed letter that states the amount of the cash gift, along with the DR1317 tax form certifying the child care contribution.