- “I Am Enough by Grace Byers Read Aloud – Join Ms. Persley and Sojo as she shares one of her favorite books with us during this read aloud of I Am Enough.” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50HF-AgRfgU
- “Many of you will have heard about the recent protests demanding justice for Black Americans. Take a look at the article below to learn more about what is happening and why:”
- “Thank you for joining us today to read The Art Teacher from the Black Lagoon, written by Mike Thaler and illustrated by Jared Lee. In the story, it is mentioned that the art teacher shows her students how to fold cookies into different shapes (oreo-gami). While we unfortunately cannot figure out how to fold Oreos without breaking them, you can still learn how to make a cute origami dog out of paper by following this link!” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXE1OluMfZU
- Also, remember that you can take an AR quiz on this book at: https://hosted37.renlearn.com/2123879/
- Join Ms. Denise, from Virginia Court Boys & Girls Club of Metro Denver, as she reads one of her favorite books, “The Very Hungry Caterpillar” by Eric Carle. OR In this read along, Eric Carle reads his children’s picture book, “The Very Hungry Caterpillar.” Not only did Eric write this book, but he also designed and illustrated it!
- Read Along w/Denise: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx3DPzm8q2U
- Read Along w/Author Eric Carle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkYmvxP0AJI
- “If you give a mouse a cookie, he’s going to ask for a glass of milk.” Join Ms. Denise for this read along of “If You Give a Mouse a Cookie” written by Laura Numeroff and illustrated by Felicia Bond. After the book you can also try one of these activities!
- Read Along: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tx_nfx3PM0
- Kahoot Animal Game: How much do you know about the animal kingdom? Take the quiz and read the slides to learn fun facts about each animal! https://kahoot.com/schools-u/
- Summer Coordinate Graphing Picture (Teen Edu)- “Want to brush up on your quadrant graphing skills? Try this coordinate challenge to sharpen your skills and reveal a picture! You can print the graph here or make your own with some left over graph paper from the school year.”
- “Brush up on your math skills (while also having fun!) this summer! Choose from games focusing on a variety of concepts, from addition to geometry:”
- Art Games & Printables by Artsology: A collection of free online art games and printables. Pick your favorite and post!
- How To Draw Basic Shapes: Mastering these three basic shapes will unlock your drawing possibilities! Start out with some simple shapes, then add some basic building blocks.
- How to Draw Doodle Flowers: Practice drawing 25 different flower doodle ideas! They are fun and simple, and great for making your own cards or coloring pages! https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+draw+25+doodle+flowers&rlz=1C1GCEU_enUS888US888&oq=How+to+Draw+25+Doodle+Flowers&aqs=chrome.0.0.1686j0j9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#kpvalbx=_G03hXvfcLpLitQW8q62ADA43
- Try your skills at making Cloud Dough! The recipe includes just a few ingredients and you can use your creativity to make all sorts of fun colors! https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FwD8zyitMHuhOHXN0f3H3wpO2q1DsiH1jTyC-fzZzms/edit
- Create a Nature Journal- “Have an extra notebook or spare paper laying around at home? You can take it and make your own nature journal! Nature journals are great for recording observations of nature, creating drawings of different plants or bugs, or collecting samples of things you find outside!”
- “Making Maps” activity: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z9XOvLt1JzIpPff9xdDekGq6Zv_sH85F/view?usp=sharing
- Blurb: “One of the best outdoor skills we can learn for camping, hiking, and other adventures is how to use maps! This video shows you different kinds of maps and challenges you to make your own. Follow along and be sure to comment or share a picture if you make your own map!”
- “3 Ab Moves” activity: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NVa1WZbOOFx_h5WvFnvZDBcd-DdJDW9l/view?usp=sharing
- Blurb: “Keeping our core strong is one of the best things we can do for our body! Check out this video and follow along with 3 ab moves for an easy core workout.”
- Kenai Fjords “Virtual Tour” activity: https://artsandculture.withgoogle.com/en-us/national-parks-service/kenai-fjords/exit-glacier-tour
- Blurb: “Ever been to Alaska? This virtual tour of Kenai Fjords National Park takes you along for a beautiful adventure in one of Alaska’s coolest places. Follow along, and then comment to tell us what you would want to see if you had the chance to visit Kenai Fjords National Park.”
- Banana Milkshake: Grab your bananas and blenders! It’s milkshake making time!
- Birds help maintain sustainable population levels of their prey and predator species and, after death, provide food for scavengers and decomposers. Follow the provided instructions to build a birdhouse for our valuable, winged friends!
- Attention High School Seniors! Looking for scholarship opportunities? CO-ALAS (Colorado Association of Latino/a Administrators and Superintendents) has a scholarship opportunity available, with a deadline of July 1, 2002. See application details below:
- The purpose behind these is to provide some SEL activities to help kiddos regulate, and integrate into the Club successfully. These programs are easy to implement, last about 15-20 minutes, and are fun!
- Hangman: Play the game of Hangman, in which one player tries to guess the letters of a word, or phrase that you choose.
- Show and Tell: Find an item in your house to share with your friends and staff members. It could be a decoration, something sentimental, and award, etc. The sky’s the limit. Show us a little bit about who you are.
- Kahoot Challenges: These challenges are great for younger or older members. Feel free to incentivize winners with a prize – Have Fun!
- The first Kahoot Challenge is “Can you name these Famous Dogs?” https://create.kahoot.it/details/6e45c9e3-020d-4a9e-820b-9d8919c70306
- The other Kahoot Challenge is “Who are these Not So Famous Disney Characters?” https://create.kahoot.it/details/98ba055d-2c30-4d7d-ba8d-a014a5793bb3