** ALERT **
Recently it has come to our attention that an individual is illegitimately advertising positions for various Boys & Girls Clubs throughout Colorado stating that a credit check is a necessary part of the application process. Please note that BGCMD will never ask applicants to provide any personal information beyond a cover letter, résumé and references prior to a job offer being made. Accordingly, please verify the job posting is legitimate by referring to this webpage. All openings will be listed at the bottom of the page and will contain the specific application instructions and deadlines.
About Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Denver
Welcome to the Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Denver’s (BGCMD) employment section. The mission of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Denver is to inspire and enable young people, especially those from disadvantaged circumstances, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens. Fourteen safe, positive neighborhood centers provide after-school, weekend and summer programs for young people between the ages of 6-18 years old. We are more than simply a place; for many young people we are a sanctuary that provides a safe, nurturing environment to learn and grow. It is the dedication and support of caring adults that allows for this enrichment, hope and opportunity.
As a leading youth services organization, we recognize that our excellence is largely achieved through talented and motivated staff. Our employees—whether they are full, part-time or seasonal—are integral to the success of the respective programs and the organization as a whole. Our staff are educators, coaches, performers, artists, mentors, community leaders, and ambassadors. As an organization we are fortunate to enjoy the collegiality and expertise of a highly skilled, diverse and dedicated staff, and seek to recruit and hire only those individuals that will approximate these qualities and enhance the opportunities available to our members.
Although no staff member will have the same credentials BGCMD does require that, at a minimum, staff members have:
- A strong desire to work with youth in an open and supportive environment. Importantly, BGCMD offers members the option of attending as their schedules and interests dictate. As a result, club staff should be prepared to provide programs and activities that are both pertinent and engaging. Prospective employees should understand that members’ attendance is not compulsory, but rather a result of strong programmatic instruction and the meaningful relationships built between the club staff and members.
- Expertise in a core program area arising from formal training or experience. Typically club staff have a combination of a formal college education, several years of volunteer or work experience, as well as other unique characteristics that make them especially well prepared to plan, implement and evaluate the various programs and initiatives.
- A demonstrable record of civic-mindedness, professionalism and integrity. That is, BGCMD takes its responsibilities towards the care and protection of its members very seriously. All employees must submit to pre-employment and ongoing criminal background investigations, driving records checks and drug tests.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Denver has a specific process by which we recruit, select and hire qualified candidates. We ask that all applicants familiarize themselves with this process prior to submitting their application. Failure to follow the established guidelines may result in an application being discarded. All open positions will be listed under the employment section of BGCMD’s website. Though BGCMD does regularly advertise openings on third-party websites, we are unable to ensure the integrity or timeliness of the postings given the intermediary nature of some of the job boards and career websites. As such, please refer to the employment section to confirm any openings and their respective requirements and deadlines.
If there is an opening for which you would like to be considered, please review the minimum qualifications. These criteria are established as the basic credentials that must be possessed to be considered for the job. Meeting the minimum qualifications only guarantees that a candidate’s application will be reviewed; it does not assure an interview.
If you meet the minimum qualifications and would like to be considered for the position, please follow the instructions on submitting the required documents, which customarily includes a cover letter, résumé and professional references. Occasionally some positions may require additional documents or information. As a matter of convenience, we ask that all information be submitted electronically. Electronic submissions allow us to more easily receive, classify, retain and retrieve information, and provides the applicant with confirmation that their application was received. In the event that a candidate is unable to send their documents electronically, separate arrangement can be made by contacting Human Resources directly.
Following a position being advertised and a qualified pool of applications established BGCMD will schedule interviews with the best qualified candidates. Given the sizable number of applications we receive, regrettably we are unable to communicate with each applicant about the status of any given position. Those candidates that are interviewed will be contacted about the hiring decision, but applicants that were not chosen for interviews will not receive any notification.
All applications received during the recruitment process will be retained for one (1) year. Each position for which a candidate would like to be considered will necessitate a separate application. Applicants may request that their information be removed from our files or reused in consideration of other positions. Unsolicited applications will be accepted if they specify the desired position and status sought (e.g., Part-Time Technology Staff). Generic, unsolicited, applications will be discarded.
Benefits and Working Environment
Beyond competitive pay, BGCMD offers full-time employees:
- Health insurance for the employee and their eligible family members.
- Dental insurance for the employee and their eligible family members.
- Vision insurance for the employee and their eligible family members.
- Short and long-term disability insurance for the employee.
- Term-life and AD&D insurance for the employee.
- Medical and dependent-care FSA accounts for the employee and their eligible family members.
- Employee assistance program for the employee and their eligible family members.
- Legal and identity theft services for the employee and their eligible family members.
- 401(k) retirement plan with a dollar-for-dollar match up to 6% with an additional 3% safe harbor match for a total of a 9% institutional contribution.
- Generous paid time off policy with two weeks paid time off in the first year and up to six weeks of paid time off after 10 years of service.
- Eight paid holidays.
- Professional development opportunities such as local, state and national conventions and ongoing training, as well as the opportunity to receive periodic job-related perks like attending professional sporting events, movies and outdoor activities as part of the organization’s commitment to the members and its employees.
- A workplace where employees can make a difference in the lives of youth, while working in a relaxed and supportive environment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Where are your open positions listed?
A. All open positions will be listed at the bottom of the Employment Opportunities page of our website.
Q. How do I apply for a particular position?
A. Each listed position is a link to a PDF file, which contains a brief position description, the basic and preferred qualifications, working conditions and physical requirements, and instructions on how to apply.
Q. Do you have a general employment application I can complete instead?
A. No, applicants are asked to submit formal documents—which routinely include a cover letter, résumé and professional references.
Q. How do I know my application was received?
A. If you send your application to the specified e-mail address, you should receive an auto-reply confirming receipt. Please note that this automated function is setup to only respond once per day. If you submit multiple applications in one day, you will only receive a response to the first submission.
Q. How long does it take for a hiring decision to be made? Will I receive updates about the process and selection of candidates?
A. After a position is listed, it takes several weeks or more to review applications, select candidates for interviews, conduct the interviews, and make a hiring decision. Unfortunately, due to the voluminous number of applications we receive, we cannot communicate with each candidate about the status of any given opening. Those candidates that are interviewed will be alerted about the final decision, but candidates that were not selected for an interview will not receive any further notification.
Q. I have applied for multiple positions and not been selected, should I continue to submit my application?
A. Candidates should make certain they meet or exceed the minimum (required) qualifications. If you meet the minimum qualifications, then we welcome your application.
Q. Can you tell me what kind of candidate(s) you select or anything that can advantage me?
A. There is no archetype; we select the best qualified candidate for any given position. However, candidates should take time to review the position, BGCMD in general and the youth services industry. Most of our employees demonstrate a commitment to cause and have an understanding of the virtues and sacrifices made while working in a direct-service or support position within a non-profit. Candidates simply seeking employment absent these fundamental motivations or without a strong desire to contribute to the organization and its mission rarely succeed. Thus, candidates are asked to seriously consider the motivation for their application and what they are seeking from employment with the Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Denver.
Current Job Openings
Adobe Reader is required to access job postings; download it for free here.
Part-Time and Seasonal Positions