Not just after school hangouts, the Clubs are places where young people come to learn, do homework, develop social skills, express themselves creatively, and participate in sports. Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Denver also owns and operates a residential summer camp near Ward, Colorado called Gates Camp. The Clubs are staffed by full-time professionals and located in neighborhoods where they are needed most.
Our Impact: Four key characteristics define the essence of a Boys & Girls Club. All are critical in exerting a positive impact on the life of a child.
- Dedicated youth facilities – Boys & Girls Clubs are places–actual neighborhood-based buildings–designed solely for youth programs and activities.
- Open when kids need us most – The Clubs are open weekdays after school and during the summer when kids have free time and need positive, productive outlets.
- Professional staff – Every Club is directed by trained youth development professionals who act as role models and mentors to members. Volunteers provide key supplementary support.
- Available and affordable to all youth – For only $2 per year, any child between the ages of 6 and 18 can become a member. We do not discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, or income.
How We Help Kids Succeed: Boys & Girls Clubs offer proven programs that help youth gain the developmental assets they need to succeed in life. Members participate in a variety of programs in the following Core Program Areas:
- Character & Leadership Development
- Education & Career Development
- The Arts
- Health & Life Skills
- Sports, Fitness & Recreation
The mission of Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Denver is to inspire and enable young people, especially those who need it most, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible, and caring citizens. Sixteen safe, positive neighborhood centers and a residential summer camp provide after school, weekend and summer programs for young people between the ages of 6-18 years old.